In room 6, we've been reading the story of 'The Gingerbread Man.' It was part of our music lesson and we composed sound effects for the story. We acted out a poem in drama, we designed our own Gingerbread men in art and we decorated gingerbread men cookies and enjoyed the end results. Delicious! Find the recipe below.
350g plain flour
175g light soft brown sugar
1 tsp bread soda
1 tsp ground cinnamon
2 tsp ground ginger
4 tbsp golden syrup
1. Sift together dry ingredients. Rub in butter until mix looks like breadcrumbs, then stir in sugar. This can be done very quickly if you have a food processor.
2. Lightly beat the golden syrup and egg together then mix into dry ingredients until the mixture clumps together.
3. Knead the dough until smooth, wrap in clingfilm and leave to chill in fridge for 15 minutes.
4. Line 2 baking trays with greaseproof paper. Roll the dough out to a half centimetre thickness on lightly floured surface.
Cut out the gingerbread men shapes using cutters and place them on baking trays leaving a gap between them.
5. Bake for 12 - 15 minutes, or until golden brown. Leave on tray for 10 minures then transfer to wire rack to finish cooling. Decorate when cooled and enjoy!